1.Please what is the perfect law?
2.Was the Book of James written to Christians or Jews alone according to:
i.James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
Bible Reference: James 1:22-25
- James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
- James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
- James 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
- James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Bible Question 1: What is the Perfect Law?
1. Part 1 of your Bible question requires little reading and the answer is that the perfect law of God is the Word of God the Bible:
i. Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
ii. Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
iii. Psalms 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
iv. Psalms 119:140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.
v. Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
vi. Acts 22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
2. Part 2 of your Bible question requires much reading. But I think that you do not like to read even though you are students. So I am not sure whether to give you the reading material or not. They are some 5 chapters in my Bible research book. I will attach them but I am not sure whether you will read them even though the answers to your second important question are contained therein as below.